This pickup is now available in our proprietary Kwikplug “Instantly Interchangeable” pickup system. Check the appropriate boxes below!
One of my favorite Strat sounds of all time is the Mid 60's. Yeah I know Leo was nearing the end of his tenure, and I know the 50's Strat sound is widely heralded as "it"- But I'm a rocker...I LOVE the grey bottom pickups that Fender® introduced in the Fall of 64 and continued until the mid 70s...LOVE EM...It's like a set of Surf Pickups on steroids!
Meet the new GFS '64 Staggers. Put a set of these in your Strat and you'll be BLOWN AWAY by the SURFY midrange power, the crisp, clean high end and the round, warm bottom end! Compared to our already legendary Vintage Alnico Premium Staggers these have about 20% more output at the bridge position, and about 10% more at the neck and mid- plus a LOT more pick attack, harmonics and midrange power- you know- the stuff that really drives an amp- Well worth the extra $10.
These are our finest Strat pickups- No joking here- We've build them with real fiber bobbins, Real vintage correct Grey fiber bottom plates, authentic 42 gauge plain enamel wire, Vintage style black and white cloth leads, even premium beveled German alnico rod magnets
We have spared no expense in designing these pickups-with all the vintage accouterments:
- Bridge Pickup 6.5K
- Middle Pickup 6.3K
- Neck Pickup 5.8K
- 60's style black fiberboard top plate
- 60's style grey fiberboard bottom plate
- Alnico 5 Magnets
- Vintage style Beveled pole-pieces
- Cloth covered leads
- Wound like "Hot Surf" pickups to really drive an amp
- Accurate plain enamel wire
- Potted in real BeeswaxFor that round, sweet, fat vintage strat tone with plenty of midrange bite. These brand new GFS "64 Staggers" are custom designed to provide all the great vintage tone with some of the best Surf, country and rock tones I've heard yet!!
I've installed about a bazillion pickups in Strats in the last 25 years, and I assure you that these pickups can hang with the best of the "Overwound Boutique" handmade pickups out there- really!
If you chose the Kwikplug version you can order a matching “Solderless” pre-assembled wiring harness for quick and easy “pain-free” installation! Click here to add a harness to your cart.